Pages

October 12, 2013

Sheep and yarn. . . . . a good combination

Without a doubt, this was the year of the sheep.  
By December we will have released all twelve Little Sheep Virtues.  

Not long after the first release (which was HOPE), I bought some sheep-like yarn and started a granny afghan.  Yes, another one.  You are probably wondering if I even know how to crochet anything else.  I do. . . .but don't want to!  I love grannies! 


The yarn is Lion Brand Homespun and is a bit of a handful to work with.  The results however are worthwhile.  I say this as I get the cobwebs off of the project.  I put it away when the weather warmed up.  In Arizona, yarn and summer just don't match up well.


The two sheepy colors I chose were Barley and Pearls.  I didn't use a pattern . . . just created it the way I do all granny squares with one exception. . . . .I decreased the center joined circle by one chain (I did four and then joined the circle)  and I also decreased the corners by one. . . . two instead of three chains.  The center gets too big and loopy if you chain five and the corners get out of share if you chain three. 



It's cooling off so I wanted to get it out again and get going on the squares.  I may just finish it before summer 2014!

Happy Stitching. . . . . 

Diane


12 comments:

  1. Love the colors and the yarn for the afghan. Hope your dh is doing okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...the colors are awesome and so YOU my friend. C'mon get going I want to see the finished project! Always in my heart and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Milly I am trying hard to make my comeback! Energy levels aren't what they were before so be patient with me! LOL. . . .

      Delete
  3. Great colors.....we just need it to cool off a little more here in Arizona before I can think afghan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so wonderful. I never done grannies before. I'm now crochet petit fours ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors...what size crochet hook did you use for this yarn?

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the stitching and the granny squares! :) what brand of yarn did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute embroidery! I love sheep. Can all the series be purchased together somewhere online? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The entire series has not yet been released. The last one comes out in December.

      Delete
  8. Lovely squares and beautiful stitching. Thank you for sharing! Best to you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty! I should be stitching instead of typing!
    Laura
    Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time from your day to drop me a line or two!

Diane